- 2013 – New York
- 2014 – U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- 2014 – U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- 2014 – New York Court of Appeals
- 2008 – J.D., Rutgers University School of Law
- 2005 – B.A., Rutgers University, Omicron Delta Epsilon – International Economics Honor Society
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- New York States Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Awards & Recognition:
- New York Super Lawyer Rising Star (2020)
MICHAEL J. KASEN
Michael Kasen has provided bankruptcy assistance to individuals and businesses since 2008. He has been involved in the reorganization of a myriad of businesses, including health care businesses, real estate businesses, manufacturing businesses, and hospitality businesses. Mr. Kasen has been named as a “New York Super Lawyer Rising Star,” an honor awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys in the state based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
Mr. Kasen currently serves on the board of directors for McCurdy Center GP, Inc., a company involved in the development and operation of not for profit low income independent and assisted living facilities throughout the state of Florida.
Prior to beginning his career in the law, Mr. Kasen attended Rutgers University where he earned his undergraduate degree in economics in 2005 and was a member of Omicron Delta Epsilon, an International Economics Honor Society. He then attended Rutgers University School of Law, where he graduated with a juris doctorate degree in 2008. While in law school, Mr. Kasen participated in moot court and the bankruptcy pro bono program.
Prior to joining Kasen & Kasen, P.C., Michael Kasen worked as an associate for Frank White-Boyd, P.A. in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, where he assisted in the representation of individual and business debtors in chapter 7, chapter 11 and chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings, as well as assisting in asset protection planning for high net worth individuals.